ApplicationNo. 10422889 filed on 04/24/2003
US Classes:4/237, SEAT4/239, Superposed4/240, Hinges4/236Hinges
ExaminersPrimary: Huson, Gregory L.
Assistant: Huynh, Khoa D.
Attorney, Agent or Firm
Foreign Patent References
International ClassA47K 1300
What is claimed is:
1. A method of fabricating a toilet seal (12) and cover (18) comprising the steps of;
forming a seat (12) having a seat core (16) surrounded by a seat skin (14),
forming a cover (18) having a cover core (22) surrounded by a cover skin (20),
said method characterized by forming said cores (16, 22) of a waste material occupying a majority of the volume of the core and a carrier material occupying a minority of the volume of the core.
2. A method as set forth in claim 1 further defined as suspending the waste material in a polymer carrier to enhance the flow characteristics of the core closer to the flow characteristics of the skin than that of the waste material per se.
3. A toilet seat assembly comprising;
a toilet seat (12) including a skin defining the exterior surfaces and a core disposed within and surrounded by said seat skin (14),
a cover (18) including a cover skin (20) defining the exterior surfaces thereof and a cover core (22) disposed within and surrounded by said cover skin (20),
said assembly characterized by said cores (16, 22) each comprising a waste material occupying a majority of the volume of the core and a carrier material occupying a minority of the volume of the core.
4. An assembly as set forth in claim 3 wherein said skins comprise a polymer and said waste material includes a mixture of a polymer as a carrier and a waste material suspended in the carrier.
5. An assembly as set forth in claim 3 wherein said waste material includes particles of wood suspended in a carrier polymer to define said core.