ApplicationNo. 06/776513 filed on 09/16/1985
US Classes:83/411.1, Cut normal to axis493/290, During relative rotation between work and severing means about work axis83/200.1, BY INCREASED TENSIONING OF WORK-ENCLOSING WIRE83/651.1Wire tool
ExaminersPrimary: Coan, James F.
Attorney, Agent or Firm
International ClassesA23G 9/04 (20060101)
A23G 9/28 (20060101)
A23G 9/22 (20060101)
B26D 11/00 (20060101)
B26D 1/01 (20060101)
B26D 1/547 (20060101)
ClaimsThe invention claimed is:
1. An ice cream tub cutter comprising:
(A) a turntable and vertical axle centrally coupled to an underside of said turntable and rotation means for rotating said turntable;
(B) clamping means for clamping a tub of ice cream to said turntable;
(C) first and second generally vertical posts generally positioned on opposite sides of said turntable;
(D) first and second vertically movable sleeves, said first sleeve being around said first post, and said second sleeve being around said second post, and locking means for locking a said sleeve to a said post at a selected position along a saidpost;
(E) cover cutting means vertically alignable with one of said sleeves for adjustable positioning against a said tub and for cutting a cover on a said tub at a selected elevation as said turntable is rotated;
(F) a wire connected between said sleeves and vertically alignable with the elevation of a cut made by said cover cutting means; and
(G) tension means for selectively tensioning said wire in an opening of said cover effected by said cover cutting means and causing said wire to cut through a said tub of ice cream at a selected vertical location.
2. An ice cream tub cutter as set forth in claim 1 further comprising a bridge member coupled between said sleeves, said bridge member being offset to pass around a said tub of ice cream when positioned on said turntable.
3. An ice cream tub cutter as set forth in claim 1 wherein each said post has a set of like vertically positioned grooves, and each said sleeve includes locking means for selectively locking said sleeves to like elevation grooves wherebyselected elevations of cuts may be made.
4. An ice cream tub cutter as set forth in claim 2 wherein each said post has a set of like vertically positioned grooves, and each said sleeve includes locking means for selectively locking said sleeves to like elevation grooves wherebyselected elevations of cuts may be made.
5. An ice cream tub cutter as set forth in claim 4 wherein said cover cutting means is supported by and alignable with said first sleeve, and said tension means comprises a lever supported by said second sleeve and coupled to said wire.
Field of SearchWire tool