GENERAL STATEMENT OF CLASS SUBJECT MATTER
Apparatus of this class is Characterized by the following: (1) Specialized to the use of electricity as the heat source; (2) heating within a chamber, enclosure, or other holding means; (3) melting of a charge (e.g., materials such as crushed ore or scrap), or preserving a melted charge in a molten state; and (4) manipulated, or operated in an industrial environment.
Processes of Operating the Apparatus of the above paragraph, per se, which do not recite a specific metallurgical treatment step.
Residual Industrial Electric Furnace Processes not elsewhere classifiable.
Industrial Electric Furnaces not elsewhere classifiable.
Apparatus used to simulate electric furnace operations and that is not elsewhere classifiable.
SUBCOMBINATIONS OF INDUSTRIAL ELECTRIC FURNACES PROVIDED FOR IN THIS CLASS
Any subcombination within the purview of the Statement of Class Subject Matter, above, and disclosed as having primary utility as part of an industrial electric furnace apparatus.
Other subcombinations (e.g., charge stirring apparatus) either claimed in conjunction with nominally disclosed industrial furnace apparatus, or disclosed as having primary utility in an industrial furnace apparatus except as enumerated by Exclusions, below.
COMBINATIONS OF OTHER APPARATUS WHICH INCLUDES APPARATUS OF THIS CLASS
Control Systems, or disparate device regulators not elsewhere classifiable are classified in this class.
Noninteractive combinations where the industrial electric furnace apparatus is more than nominally claimed, or where the combination is not elsewhere classifiable are classified in this class.
(1) An Industrial Electric Furnace which is a subcombination of a claimed encompassing system;
(2) Residential, or home heating furnace systems, or devices;
(3) Electrical Heating Apparatus with Furnacelike Enclosure, or holding means where: (a) there is no disclosure of utility relating to charge melting, or preserving in a molten state, or (b) any utility requiring melting is incorporated in a specific metallurgical treatment step (e.g., welding) which is elsewhere classifiable;
(4) Furnace apparatus powered by electricity whose primary principle of operation is unrelated to heating (e.g., electrolytic furnaces).
(5) Furnace apparatus of the charging and discharging type, wherein the furnace is only nominally recited. For example, a furnace apparatus of the aforementioned type only nominally reciting an electric furnace having a heating element will be found with the particular charging and discharging type.